SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test)
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Trade Ledger is the world's first business lending platform that transforms digital data from business supply chains in real time, allowing banks to assess and regularly update credit and default risk of businesses they lend to. We are a high-growth B2B enterprise technology provider who simplify and automate complex banking services globally.
Our mission is to make commerce simple, by enabling banks and other lenders to address the underserved £1.2 Trillion corporate credit market opportunity. We do this by reimagining credit in a digital world and connecting company supply chain digital data to the financial service provider.
We work with a variety of technologies using the right solution for the problem at hand and we take ownership of the end-to-end delivery of our components. This involves making sure that the quality of the product delivered is not compromised at any stage.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will be working with application developers to deliver test case implementation solutions which can run independently of any dependencies, allowing the team to move faster, as well as, build the end-to-end testing framework for verifying user journeys.
You will work with the Product Owners to help flesh out functional and non-functional product specifications and work with the team to meet the DoD. An important part of the role is to point out failure scenarios and help with identification of fault modes.
The tests you write will verify the contracts using Pact.io, do API testing automation using frameworks like RESTAssured and Wiremock. You would also make sure that the product delivered has incremental improvements in performance, by adding performance tests to the pipeline.
What you would need:
- Proficiency in Java 8 and above
- Strong experience of working with frameworks like TestCraft, RESTAssured and Wiremock
- Ability to write tests for use in CI/CD pipelines
- Experience of performance testing tools like Gatling or JMeter
- Strong Experience of working with Spring-boot, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding of reactive programming and asynchronous systems like Kafka or NATS
- Basic understanding of no-SQL datastores
- Ability to effectively review code and provide constructive feedback. Likewise, the maturity to act on feedback provided in reviews
What would be nice to have:
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
- Experience of delivering in an agile way with small feedback loops
- Ability to effectively communicate challenges and solutions
- Understanding of relative priorities of business requirements
If this role is right for you and you believe you can genuinely contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.