Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Trade Ledger is the world's first business lending platform that transforms digital data from business supply chains in real time, allowing banks to assess and regularly update credit and default risk of businesses they lend to. We are a high-growth B2B enterprise technology provider who simplify and automate complex banking services globally.
Our mission is to make commerce simple, by enabling banks and other lenders to address the underserved £1.2 Trillion corporate credit market opportunity. We do this by reimagining credit in a digital world and connecting company supply chain digital data to the financial service provider.
The QA Lead is a senior position within our organisation who defines the QA strategy and approach for all our company’s products. The role requires strategic thinking and planning, providing expertise throughout the entire development life cycle of each product at Trade Ledger, and ensuring quality assessments are baked into every phase.
You must have a proven track record of building high performing QA teams, managing the function, and being an advocate for the department. You will be taking responsibility for ensuring all development tasks meet quality criteria through test planning, test execution, quality assurance, and issue tracking.
- Defining the QA strategy, approach, and execution across our projects in development.
- Coaching and directing the QA Leadership Team; providing clear objectives, as well as agreeing action areas (where support is needed).
- Providing leadership and technical expertise to the studio within Test Automation and Quality Assurance.
- Ensuring all development teams adhere to our principles, guidelines, and best practices for Quality Assurance.
- Identifying all QA requirements and ensure your department is accurately represented.
- Holding Production and Development teams to account with late deliverables to QA.
- Provides actionable data to inform decision making when driving quality across the organisation.
- Helps leadership to build strong, long-term QA plans for the business; integrating Onsite QA Analysts focused on defect prevention and containment, Quality Engineering delivering automation and tools, and Offsite QA providing Blackbox test coverage – as well as Beta Testing in the Live environment.
Essential Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years’ managerial experience, with at least 3 directly with QA leadership teams.
- Strong leadership with proven experience implementing and shaping a company’s QA processes and strategies.
- Ability to build, implement, and direct quality assurance principles.
- Able to communicate across all levels of management and peers within the organisation.
- Adept at motivating and inspiring their department, recognising potential talent, and bring out the best in each individual.
- Proactive, strong-minded, and assertive (when needed).
- Be an advocate for Quality Assurance, continuous improvement, and industry recognised Best Practices.
- Strong communication skills with all the key stakeholders to ensure the QA vision is understood and implemented correctly.
- Strong customer focus both in terms of development partners and end users.
You will work with the Product Owners to help flesh out functional and non-functional product specifications and work with the team to meet the DoD. An important part of the role is to point out failure scenarios and help with identification of fault modes.
Some of the technologies we use:
- Java 8 (or Kotlin) and above
- TestCraft, RESTAssured and Wiremock
- Gatling or JMeter
- Spring-boot, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
- Reactive programming and asynchronous systems like Kafka or NATS
- No-SQL datastores
- CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
If you have experience of delivering in an Agile way with small feedback loops, then that would be incredibly beneficial, as would someone with the ability to effectively communicate challenges and solutions.
If this role is right for you and you believe you can genuinely contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.