Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Trade Ledger is the world's first business lending platform that transforms digital data from business supply chains in real time, allowing banks to assess and regularly update credit and default risk of businesses they lend to. We are a high-growth B2B enterprise technology provider who simplify and automate complex banking services globally.
Our mission is to make commerce simple, by enabling banks and other lenders to address the underserved £1.2 Trillion corporate credit market opportunity. We do this by reimagining credit in a digital world and connecting company supply chain digital data to the financial service provider.
We have a very busy finance function that sits of the heart of everything we do as a fast-growing start-up split across the globe. Currently it’s a team of one - the CFO - so this is only the second hire into the team!
We face new challenges every day as the company evolves and there is a constant need to understand the cost, benefit, and value of every single choice we make.
This role will help the business understand financial impact of these choices, and provide tools and resources for all the key decision makers to reach their goals.
- Responsibility for the ledger and bookkeeping (Xero) across all entities.
- Working with our outsource accounting providers to prepare management accounts each month and annual stat accounts.
- Working with our tax advisers for VAT, corporation tax, and R&D incentive schemes.
- Treasury management and cashflow forecasting.
- Accounts payable and receivable - managing invoicing and payment processes
- Oversee employee expenses and helping departments manage their costs.
- Monitoring financial and non-financial KPIs across the business.
- Producing monthly investor reports and quarterly Board packs.
- Working with CFO on wider budget and commercial strategies across the company.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced high-growth environment where priorities can change rapidly.
- Organised, analytical, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and problem-solve.
- Qualified accountant; any of ACCA, ACA or CIMA
- Able to work collaboratively across all functions and levels within the business, and with external stakeholders and third-party providers.
- Confidence to know when to ask, and when to make a decision yourself.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Experience with cloud accounting - ideally Xero - is a bonus.
- Experience of working in or with a SaaS business would be great.
- The willingness to “roll your sleeves up” and help out wherever the business needs …..generally if its not someone else’s problems it’s Finance’s!
You’ll be smashing it in the first 3 months if:
- You have built relationships with our key external providers.
- You have successfully taken responsibility for and completed an entire monthly reporting cycle.
- The senior leadership team is happy you have your finger on the pulse for cashflow management.
If this role is right for you and you believe you can genuinely contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.