Software Development Manager
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
It’s meaningful, it’s rewarding and it’s a lot of fun! If you love the idea of collaborating on a global product and passionate about user outcomes, then join our journey.
Trade Ledger is the world's first business global lending platform that transforms digital data in real time, allowing banks to assess and regularly update credit and default risk of businesses they lend to. We are a high-growth B2B enterprise technology provider who simplify and automate complex banking services.
Our mission is to make commerce simple, by enabling banks and other lenders to address the underserved £1.2 Trillion corporate credit market opportunity. We do this by reimagining credit in a digital world - connecting company supply chain digital data to the financial service provider.
Are you an experienced Software Development Manager with a passion to build and lead an agile, cross-functional team software engineers? Our teams deliver outstanding products and solutions for our customers.
Coming from a hands-on software engineering and technical background you will have solid understanding of a variety of technical stacks, including full-stack exposure. Enjoy a fast-paced, agile working environment within a flat-structured organisation and comfortable with ambiguity whilst prioritising multiple priorities and stakeholders.
As leader of your squad you will be wholly responsible for the delivery and quality of the product features from start to finish. We would expect you to collaborate closely with the Product Managers to help refine the product backlog and influence the direction, developing measurable steps to get from concept to launch. Empower your team achieve goals and remove any impediments that are in their way. Be ready to lend your expertise to guide the team on leading development practices and to improve individual team members’ skill sets, including engaging in code reviews or pair programming when required.
Your greatest responsibility however will be playing an active role in the careers and professional aspirations of the individuals reporting to you. You work as an effective coach, mentoring and supporting your team in their professional development in order to reach their fullest potential.
- Own project or significant features from conception to delivery.
- Be a go to technical expert for the team with full stack experience.
- Enable Agile processes and effective sprints.
- Lead and empower your squad to reach their full potential.
- Help define industry leading software development practices.
- Worked with modern delivery practices including CI/CD, TDD, Lean development and Agile.
- Hands-on engineering background experience utilising Java/ Kotlin AND/OR React.
- Worked extensively on microservices distributed systems with architecture for growth and scale.
- Passion for all aspects of people management.
- Deep analytical and influencing skills to help structure deliveries.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills - across all areas of the organisation.
If this role is right for you and you believe you can genuinely contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.Our Culture
Diverse, open team culture is our differentiator! Bring your authentic self and let's achieve awesome things together! Be passionate, team focused, hard working and love what you do. We actively invest in continuous professional development because we know that our people are the creators of our success.
Our interview panels are inclusive to ensure we do not discriminate against age, gender, sexual identity or preference or religion.
Discover Trade Ledger - Who we are, Our approach & Our People HERE
Trade Ledger does not accept CVs from recruitment agencies.