Software Development Manager
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Trade Ledger is the world's first business lending platform that transforms digital data from business supply chains in real time, allowing banks to assess and regularly update credit and default risk of businesses they lend to. We are a high-growth B2B enterprise technology provider who simplify and automate complex banking services globally.
Our mission is to make commerce simple, by enabling banks and other lenders to address the underserved £1.2 Trillion corporate credit market opportunity. We do this by reimagining credit in a digital world and connecting company supply chain digital data to the financial service provider.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager/ Engineering Manager with a passion to build and lead an agile, cross-functional team of junior and more experienced software engineers to deliver world class products and solutions for our customers.
You would have come from a hands-on software engineering and technical background with working knowledge of a variety of technical stacks, including full-stack exposure. You enjoy a fast-paced, agile working environment within a flat-structured organisation and are comfortable dealing with ambiguity whilst juggling multiple priorities and stakeholders.
As leader of your squad you will be wholly responsible for the delivery and quality of the product features from start to finish. We would expect you to collaborate closely with the Product Owner to help refine the product backlog and influence the direction of the product, developing actionable steps to get from concept to launch. You empower the team to reach their goals and remove any impediments that are in their way. You readily lend your expertise to guide the team on best development practices and to improve individual team members’ skill sets, including engaging in code reviews or pair programming when required.
Your greatest responsibility however will be playing an active role in the careers and professional aspirations of the individuals reporting to you. You work as an effective coach, mentoring and supporting your team in their professional development in order to reach their fullest potential.
- Own project or significant features from conception to delivery.
- Be a go to technical expert for the team with full stack experience.
- Enable agile processes and effective sprints.
- Lead and motivate the team to reach their full potential.
- Help define best development practice.
- Worked with modern delivery practices including CI/CD, TDD, Lean development and Agile.
- Hands-on engineering background experience utilising Java/ Kotlin AND/OR React.
- Worked extensively on microservices distributed systems with architecture for growth and scale.
- Demonstrable experience in all aspects of people management.
- Deep analytical and negotiation skills to help structure deliveries.
- Exceptional communication skills - across all areas of the organisation.
If this role is right for you and you believe you can genuinely contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.