SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test)
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Trade Ledger is the world's first business lending platform that transforms digital data from business supply chains in real time, allowing banks to assess and regularly update credit and default risk of businesses they lend to. We are a high-growth B2B enterprise technology provider who simplify and automate complex banking services globally.
Our mission is to make commerce simple, by enabling banks and other lenders to address the underserved £1.2 Trillion corporate credit market opportunity. We do this by reimagining credit in a digital world and connecting company supply chain digital data to the financial service provider.
To continue our success story we are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to be a part of our rapidly growing organisation. In this role you will help to champion a "shift-left" culture and build up our testing capability by introducing appropriate testing frameworks and tools in our build and deployment pipelines. We are fairly young in our CI/CD journey so you will play a critical role in helping us reach our goal of "continuous deployment, anytime, every time". You know what excellent quality looks like, and lead the way by guiding your squad members on best test practices.
As part of a cross-functional, agile squad practicing Scrum, you will play your part in identifying quality gaps to solutions proposed and act as the "voice of quality" to the team. You have a can-do spirit and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to help the team to achieve common quality goals like reducing the number of manual tests that need to be run on each sprint. "Not my job" is definitely not part of who you are! Your call to action will be "Automate! Automate! Automate!" as you actively seek to make testing more efficient and scalable for the entire team.
You will not be a lone voice in our quality journey as you will be working with kindred spirits throughout the engineering teams. As part of the larger "Testing" tribe you will work together with other members of your tribe family to evangelise and embed kaizen culture of constant and never ending quality improvement throughout the product engineering organisation. Having excellent verbal and written communication skills will definitely be essential in this role.
Ready for the challenge? Then we should have a chat.
What you would need:
- Proficiency in at least one of the object oriented programming languages - Java, C#, Python, Ruby
- Strong experience in working with one or more of the end-to-end testing frameworks - WebDriverIO (Selenium) , Testcafe, Cypress, Puppeteer
- Prior experience building automated tests for RESTful APIs
- Prior experience working with one or more of the CI tools - Jenkins, Buildkite, CircleCI, Harness
What would be nice to have (desirable but not essential):
- Prior experience working with container and container orchestration technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience of working with BDD frameworks like Cucumber or Specflow
- Experience of working with one or more of the scripting languages - Bash, Powershell
- Experience of working with performance testing tools like Gatling or JMeter
If this role is right for you and you believe you can genuinely contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.