Software Development Manager
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
It’s meaningful, it’s rewarding and it’s a lot of fun! If you love the idea of collaborating on a global product and passionate about user outcomes, then join our journey.
Our Mission & Achievements
Trade Ledger is one of the world's leading global lending platforms that manages and transforms digital data in real time, allowing banks and non-bank lenders to assess and regularly update the product offering and the credit risk assessment of businesses they lend to. We are a global, high-growth B2B enterprise technology provider that simplifies and automates complex lending services.
Our mission is to make commerce simple, by enabling banks and other lenders to address the underserved £1.2 trillion corporate credit market opportunity, particularly for small and medium sized enterprises (SME). We do this by reimagining credit in a digital world - connecting a company’s supply chain digital data to the financial service provider. Recently, Trade Ledger won the Barclays Innovation Challenge and has been rated as one of the top 25 fintech start-ups in Asia Pacific.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager/Software Development Manager; reporting directly to the VP of Engineering, this is a high-impact role with influence over the technical direction of the entire company. You will build and lead an agile, cross-functional team of junior and more experienced software engineers, engaging in code reviews to improve team members' skill sets.
You will come from a hands-on software engineering and technical background and enjoy a fast-paced working environment within a flat-structured organisation.
- Own large projects from conception to delivery
- Be a go to technical expert for the team
- Enable Agile processes and effective sprints
- Motivate and lead the team
- Help define best practice
- Demonstrable experience in all aspects of people management
- Experience of working on a microservices distributed systems architecture
- Hands-on code writing and development experience (ideally Java AND/OR React)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile environment and dealing with ambiguity whilst juggling multiple priorities and stakeholders
- Working knowledge of a variety of technical stacks, including full-stack exposure
- Exceptional communication skills - across all areas of the organisation
If this role is right for you and you believe you can genuinely contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.Our Culture
Diverse, open team culture is our differentiator! Bring your authentic self and let's achieve awesome things together! Be passionate, team focused, hard working and love what you do. We actively invest in continuous professional development because we know that our people are the creators of our success.
Our interview panels are inclusive to ensure we do not discriminate against age, gender, sexual identity or preference or religion.
Discover Trade Ledger - Who we are, Our approach & Our People HERE
Trade Ledger does not accept CVs from recruitment agencies.