Senior Software Engineer
Location: Kraków, Lesser Poland Voivodeship, Poland
It’s meaningful, it’s rewarding and it’s a lot of fun! If you love the idea of collaborating on a global product and passionate about user outcomes, then join us.
Trade Ledger exists to drive positive change in the world by reinventing how business lending works, so capital flows more freely into the economy and the communities it supports.
In particular small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) who, despite being the backbone of the global economy and providing the lion’s share of employment, are often excluded from favourable lending terms. Lending that would allow them to overcome the cashflow shortfalls that are preventing them from reaching their full potential. This is in large part due to outdated lending processes and the sheer manual cost for lenders to support SMEs.
By digitising the process Trade Ledger has enabled lenders to deliver a business lending journey that’s simple, inclusive and sustainable, through the use of smart technology and new digital datasets – ultimately giving SMEs access to cash when they need it.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the team. This is a high-impact role with working on critical projects that will have a major impact on Trade Ledger’s success. This is a rare opportunity to join our Krakow team from an early stage, complementing our existing engineering teams in Europe and Sydney. We have big ambitions to build a technical hub that is serious about high quality engineering, driving core components of the Trade Ledger platform.
We’ll be looking for you to play a key engineering role within a dedicated squad - agile teams of junior and more experienced software engineers. You’ll be empowered to help drive and shape the technical direction of the squad, operating in a fast-paced working environment within a flat-structured organisation.
This role will be mainly remote-first. We will be opening an office space soon for those that prefer not to work from home and for team collaboration.
- Play a key role in driving large projects from conception to delivery
- Participate in Agile processes and sprints
- Help motivate the team
- Help define best practice
- Problem solving - we’re looking for someone who can think laterally and come up with creative solutions to technical challenges
- Hands-on code writing and development experience, ideally Kotlin and/or Java 8+
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile environment and dealing with ambiguity whilst juggling multiple priorities
- Working knowledge of a variety of technical stacks
- Exceptional communication skills - across all areas of the organisation
- Curiosity and thrives on continuous learning
Nice to have experience
- Knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure, preferably AWS
- Experience with containerisation technologies, for example, Docker, Kubernetes
- Working with QA teams to drive TDD and an understanding of Non Functional Testing
- An understanding DevSecOps
- Some experience in people management
- Previous experience working with diverse, distributed teams
If this role is right for you and you believe you can genuinely contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
Life @ Trade Ledger
- Flex working culture
- Get your birthday off – additional day of leave
- Trade Ledger Tokens - monthly recognition awards
- Community Days – paid volunteer days
- Individual & team learning budgets
- Generous employee share options
Diverse, open team culture is our differentiator! Be passionate, team focused, hard working and love what you do. We actively invest in continuous professional development because we know that our people are the creators of our success.
Our interview panels are inclusive to ensure we do not discriminate against age, gender, sexual identity or preference or religion.
Bring your authentic self and let's achieve awesome things together!
Discover Trade Ledger - Who we are, Our approach & Our People HERE
Trade Ledger does not accept CVs from recruitment agencies.