Location: Kraków, Lesser Poland Voivodeship, Poland
It’s meaningful, it’s rewarding and it’s a lot of fun! If you love the idea of collaborating on a global product and passionate about user outcomes, then join us.
Trade Ledger exists to drive positive change in the world by reinventing how business lending works, so capital flows more freely into the economy and the communities it supports.
In particular small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) who, despite being the backbone of the global economy and providing the lion’s share of employment, are often excluded from favourable lending terms. Lending that would allow them to overcome the cashflow shortfalls that are preventing them from reaching their full potential. This is in large part due to outdated lending processes and the sheer manual cost for lenders to support SMEs.
By digitising the process Trade Ledger has enabled lenders to deliver a business lending journey that’s simple, inclusive and sustainable, through the use of smart technology and new digital datasets – ultimately giving SMEs access to cash when they need it.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing team in Poland. This is a high-impact role contributing to Trade Ledger’s technical direction and a rare opportunity to join our engineering presence in Krakow from an early stage, complementing our existing engineering teams in London and Sydney. We're building a technical hub that is serious about high quality engineering, driving core components of the Trade Ledger platform.
You’ll work within agile, cross-functional teams of junior and more experienced software engineers, engaging in code reviews to improve team members' skill sets. You’ll be empowered to help drive and shape the technical strategy of the business, operating in a fast-paced working environment within a flat-structured organisation.
You will be building and contributing to a cloud native, event driven micro services architecture which is transforming commercial lending. As part of a flat structure team you will have exposure to all levels and aspects of the organisation, with the ability to make a real difference from day one.
- Be a major contributor to complex transformative projects
- Have the technical expertise to execute projects from start to finish
- Work as part of an agile self organising and continuously improving team
- Play a part in motivating the team and developing a culture we can be proud of
- Adhere to and help refine best practices around quality
- Have a commercial mindset and willingness to learn
- Problem solving - we’re looking for someone who can think laterally, enjoys ‘getting under the hood’ and coming up with creative solutions to technical challenges
- Hands-on code writing and development experience, ideally Kotlin and/or Java 8+
- Working knowledge of a variety of technical stacks - particularly cloud native microservices
- Excellent communicator - ability to explain and discuss complex technical concepts
Nice to have experience
- Knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure, preferably AWS
- Microservices frameworks, for example Spring
- Experience with containerisation technologies, for example, Docker, Kubernetes
- Working with QA teams to drive TDD and an understanding of Non Functional Tests
- An understanding DevSecOps
- Previous experience working with distributed teams
This role is mainly remote with the expectation of visiting the office a few times a month.
If this role is right for you and you believe you can genuinely contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
Life @ Trade Ledger
- Flex working culture
- Get your birthday off – additional day of leave
- Trade Ledger Tokens - monthly recognition awards
- Community Days – paid volunteer days
- Individual & team learning budgets
- Generous employee share options
Diverse, open team culture is our differentiator! Be passionate, team focused, hard working and love what you do. We actively invest in continuous professional development because we know that our people are the creators of our success.
Our interview panels are inclusive to ensure we do not discriminate against age, gender, sexual identity or preference or religion.
Bring your authentic self and let's achieve awesome things together!
Discover Trade Ledger - Who we are, Our approach & Our People HERE
Trade Ledger does not accept CVs from recruitment agencies.