Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
It’s challenging, it’s rewarding and it’s a lot of fun. If you are excited about the idea of collaborating in a
global product engineering team who focuses on consumer grade enterprise products, then come along
and join our journey.
Our Mission and Achievements
Trade Ledger is the world’s first business lending platform that transforms digital data from business
supply chains in real time, allowing banks to assess and regularly update credit and default risk of
businesses they lend to. We are a high growth fintech who simplify and automate complex banking
services globally. Recently, we won the Barclays Innovation Challenge and have been rated as one of the
top 25 fintech start-ups in Asia Pacific to look out for.
Diverse and open team culture is our differentiator. Bring your authentic self and we make great things
together. With offices in London and Sydney we have a strong team focus and we work hard while
loving what we do. We actively invest in continuous professional development because we know that
our people are absolutely critical to our success.
We are looking for an experienced SDET Engineer who gets excited about ensuring that users are getting
the best possible experience from a product. You are an advocate of the quality assurance model and
focus on providing training, tools and environments for developers to test, helping streamline and
improve development processes and preventing issues before they become bugs.
We are looking for natural collaborators who love to deliver high quality experiences, focus on the user
outcomes and continuously improve. Your brand should be defined not just by your professional skills,
but your curiosity, your eye for detail and your desire to collaborate with people from different
backgrounds with diverse perspectives.
Your job is to support building high-functioning teams in which every member of the team can be relied
upon to do a great job at testing, and the QA engineers are focused on solving the big-picture problems.
● Work with product stakeholders (Customer Delivery Managers, Product Owners) to define and
implement our quality coordination and testing strategy based on the quality assurance model.
● Empower developers to confidently test by providing training, tools, and environments.
● Help the team to produce high quality software, efficiently.
● Keep tabs on the team’s output, and identify where improvements can be made.
● Foresee and prevent problems before they become problems.
● Work closely with the delivery team to identify, capture reproduction steps for, rank and rectify
quality issues. Where appropriate, identify and communicate workaround solutions.
● Strike a balance between quality and short and long term delivery objectives through the
application of appropriately scoped testing strategies.
● Support the automation of testing of the UI across our platform and therefore minimise the
need for manual testing.
● Continuously look to contribute to improvements and optimisation of the test suites the QA
team will create.
● Track and communicate quality metrics, such as defect densities and open defect counts.
● Proven experience in a Quality Assurance role.
● A minimum of 4 years’ experience with a programming language such as Java, Python, .NET or
tools and processes.
● Proficiency with one or more automated testing frameworks is required; Cypress preferred but
● Experience in a fast-paced, hands-on start-up environment.