The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Australian Privacy Principles set out in that Act, and the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) govern the way in which we must manage your personal information. At Trade Ledger, your privacy is a priority and we are committed to ensuring your personal information is protected.
The types of personal information we collect about you:
- will depend on what services or products you use, acquire, require or are involved in;
- includes information that can identify you and which may include your name, contact details, address, telephone and mobile number, email address, fax number, business locations, areas of specialisation or interest, your IP address other contact details;
- includes personal credit history and profile and financial information and you authorise us to obtain such credit and financial information from any appropriate third party and verify your identity and the information you provide with third parties;
- includes other information relevant to providing you with the services or products, or any other information you choose to provide us with.
We will not collect sensitive information concerning you unless you have consented or it is required by law.
Use of Information:
Trade Ledger collects and keeps personal information:
- to provide services, products or benefits to you;
- to provide customer service;
- to store, transmit or share information as necessary to lenders, funding providers, finance solution providers or other appropriate persons for the purpose of providing services;
- to access and calculate financial information, business management and assess creditworthiness, fraud analysis, business risk assessment and forecasts and cashflow predictions;
- to process any application, registration or comment or request you make;
- to provide you with promotional information or information about other services that we, or other organisations that we are affiliated with, may offer, that you may be interested in;
- to identify, establish and provide other services or benefits;
- to communicate with you;
- to assist us in carrying on our business operations;
- to better service your relationship with us;
- to analyse our services, products and client needs with a view to developing new or improved services, products or benefits and marketing them;
- to manage your relationship with us;
- for subscriptions, entry into competitions, participation in surveys or similar activities;
- to act as your agent if you request us to do so;
- for the purposes of providing commercial services or benefits;
- for undertaking any activity required by law.
Methods of Collection:
Trade Ledger only collects personal information by fair, lawful and non-intrusive means and information will generally be collected directly:
- by contact with you, personal or online;
- from the information provided by you to us;
- through website registrations;
- through program applications;
- from our standard forms;
- from online profiles;
- from communications and discussions with you and your employees, related companies, your representatives or as authorised by you;
- from relevant third parties in respect of credit history and profile and financial information and verification of information;
- from sources available publicly; and
- when required by law to do so.
There may, however, be some instances where personal information will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impractical to collect personal information directly from you. Normally you will receive notification about these instances in advance, or where it is not possible to do so, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected.
Failure to Provide Information:
Unless required by law, you can choose not to provide personal information. You can also choose not to identify yourself when dealing with Trade Ledger. However, if personal information is not provided or you do not identify yourself or if the information is incomplete or inaccurate at any time, Trade Ledger may not be able to effectively provide certain services, products, programs, benefits, access or information you require.
Use and Disclosure:
Trade Ledger uses personal information for the purposes for which it is collected and directly related purposes and in the normal business operation and marketing of our business. We may also use this information to send information about Trade Ledger or information from our associates.
The information may be recorded to enable improvements to be made and for promotional purposes.
- to service providers, information systems and technology organisations or other contractors who assist us in operating and managing our business or performing functions on our behalf such as marketing programs and client services and we will request that they not use your personal information for any other purpose unless you agree;
- to other service providers, including lenders, funding providers, finance solution providers or other persons, or our related entities, our associates or other affiliated organisations who provide various products or services or information that you may have requested or we have arranged or that may be of interest to you;
- mailing houses, printers and courier services;
- marketing organisations and market research companies;
- event organisers, participants, speakers, facilitators, sponsors and potential sponsors (to enable assessment of whether to sponsor an event or participate in our activities);
- advertising organisations and sound and image recording organisations;
- education providers; mentors, and consultants;
- our legal, accounting, financial or other professional advisors;
- social media platforms;
- international organisations with which we have agreements or arrangements;
- if required by law or to protect our rights, safety or property.
In addition, any person who we provide services to, may have their name and contact information published on the Trade Ledger website, the Trade Ledger database, and any other Trade Ledger publications.
Our principles regarding user privacy and data protection
Trade Ledger will always follow these principles:
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency
- Purpose limitation
- Data minimization
- Storage limitation
- Integrity and confidentiality
What are your data protection rights?
Trade Ledger would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Trade Ledger for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Trade Ledger correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Trade Ledger to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Trade Ledger erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Trade Ledger restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Trade Ledger’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Trade Ledger transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Non-disclosure of personal information:
If you do not want your personal information to be disclosed Trade Ledger will endeavour to accommodate this request if that disclosure is not required by law. However, if your personal information is not disclosed, Trade Ledger may not be able to effectively provide certain services, products, benefits, access or information you require.
Data quality and security:
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that:
• the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date; and
• your personal information is stored safely and protected from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access to your personal information is restricted to persons, employees, associates and third party providers who need to know that information in order to deliver our services, products and benefits.
Please be aware that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information and make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems, Trade Ledger cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Trade Ledger will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information in the event that it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
Links to other websites:
For further information, visit https://tradeledger.io/cookie-policy/.
Access and contact:
You may access the personal information we hold about you by making a written request to us. We will ask that you satisfy identity validation procedures to prove that you and the individual requesting the personal information are one and the same. We may decline a request for access to personal information where we are required by law to do so. If, at any time, you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify us immediately. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
“we”, “our”, “us” or “Trade Ledger” means Trade Ledger Pty. Ltd. ACN 614 059 737;
“you” means each person who uses the Trade Ledger website.
Our Contact Details:
To: Privacy Officer
Trade Ledger Pty. Ltd. ACN 614 059 737
Level 5, 11 York Street,
Sydney, NSW, 2000
Tel: 0401 478 677